- As advertised, not all the signatories are economists. Some have PhDs not in economics: Ed Fuelner has a PhD in polisci, James Huffman has law degrees, Merrill Matthews has a PhD in humanities, Brian Domitrovic a PhD in history, Alfredo Ortiz a PhD in development studies.
- Some have a PhD from a non-accredited university: Robert L. Bradley Jr., in political economy.
- Some have no advanced degree in economics: Steve Forbes, George Gilder.
- Some have no degree at all: Don Luskin.
- About 30 are emeritus/retired professors
- About 8 did their graduate study with James Buchanan and/or in the public choice school.
- Some Chief Economists have no advanced degree: John Williams of ALEC (and of course Don Luskin of Trend Macrolytics)
And some demographics:
- Seven are women
- Almost none are minority.
- About 38 are associated/last associated with institutions or organizations based in the South.
The letter is here.